SHEETROCK® Easy Sand™ is a lightweight, plaster based setting type compound formulated for the bedding of plasterboard joints, angles and spotting fastener heads when used in conjunction with USG Boral Finishing Compounds. It weighs up to 25% less than conventional setting type compounds and provides very easy sanding and low shrinkage, making it ideal for heavy fills and patching jobs.
Mixes up to a lightweight creamy texture and is suitable for achieving a smooth plasterboard joint finish.
For more information, view our resources below.
- Colour: White
- Type: Setting-Type Joint Compounds
- Packaging: 16kg (90 setting time) and 8.1 kg (20 setting time) bags
- Coverage: 13 kg / 100sqm
- Manufacture: Compound is manufactured to stringent USG Boral product quality control specifications
- Surfaces must be clean a free of dust
- Can be applied with hand or mechanical tools
- The use of SHEETROCK® paper tape is recommended
- Ensure there is sufficient amount of compound under the paper tape to provide adhesion
- Each coat of Easy Sand must be allowed to set thoroughly before applying the next coat
- Thoroughly clean all tools and equipment after use
Features and Benefits
- Easy Sanding
- Resists shrinkage and edge cracking
- Consistent working times
- Easy scrape back