Who is USG Boral
ACOUSTIC PANELS & CEILING TILES
ACOUSTIC SUSPENSION SYSTEM
DRYWALL SUSPENSION SYSTEM
USG Boral Steel Stud & Track System (New Zealand)
Rondo® Metal Components
Using innovative core technology, SHEETROCK® Cove is 5% lighter than previous USG Boral Cove products and has high strength-to-weight composite design. Encased in a strong 100% recycled paper liner, SHEETROCK® Cove provides a rigid cornice making carrying, handling and installing easy.
DIY Cornice Adhesive
DIY Patching Plaster
Total Joint Finish
Tools & Accessories
Wet Area Solutions
Fireclad® Fire-rated External Wall System
Partiwall® Separating Wall System
Quiet Living™ System
For Architects / Designers
We believe we can change the way buildings are designed, built and occupied by delivering innovations that help you work smarter, do more and build better.
For Builders / Installers
Proudly Supporting those who Build, every step of the way.
Our plastering products, tools & accessories are designed for the home renovator/builder making minor alterations or repairs to plasterboard walls & ceilings.
Resources & Tools
TecASSIST™ - USG Boral
Acoustic Ceilings e-Estimator
News & Promotions – USG Boral
USG Boral Press Coverage
LANGUAGE / COUNTRY
LANGUAGE / COUNTRY
Looking for product documents?
Try our Document Finder
1. This document contains the terms and conditions of entry ("these Terms") into the 2020 USG Boral Tradies Choice AFL & NRL Tipping Competition ("Promotion"). Entry into this Promotion is deemed as acceptance of these Terms.
2. The Promoter is USG Boral Building Products Pty Ltd, ABN 84 004 231 976 251 Salmon Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207. Phone number relating to promotion 03 9214 2179. NSW permit number LTPS/20/42091; ACT permit number ACT TP 20/00192.
3. The Promotion will be open from 5.00am Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time ("AEDST") on Monday 17th Feb 2020 and will continue until the starting time of the last Match of the last Round of the Season (defined below).
4. Entry is open to people aged 18 years and over, with a registered address in Australia, who have filled in the required registration form online. Any USG Boral customer must be trading within their payment terms and conditions at all times during the Promotion Period and at the date of the prize draw to be eligible to win.
5. Employees of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion, and their immediate families, can enter this Promotion but are excluded from the prizes. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Any Entrant not residing in Australia at the time of registering for the Promotion will not be eligible for prizes.
6. In these Terms, the following meanings apply in addition to terms which are defined elsewhere in these Terms unless the contrary intention appears:
"Comp" means a public league for entrants to join as individuals.
"Cumulative Margin" means, in respect of an Entrant, the sum of the Margin Differences for all Rounds as at a particular date.
"Draw" means an even score at the conclusion of a Match.
"Entrant" means a person or Group who is eligible to participate in and has submitted an entry into the Promotion in accordance with these Terms.
"Group" means a group of individuals consisting of two or more people, which have agreed to enter the Promotion jointly as a 'group'.
"Judging Location" means the premises located at 251 Salmon Street, Port Melbourne VIC 3207.
"Leaderboard" means the Promotion's overall ladder of Entrant Rankings.
"Margin Difference" in respect of a Margin Game means, for an Entrant that:
a. has correctly tipped a winning team: the difference between the margin nominated by the Entrant for that Margin Game and the actual margin for that Margin Game (e.g. if an Entrant nominates a margin of 10 points, and their tipped team wins by 5 points, their 'Margin Difference' for the Match will be 5);
b. has tipped the losing team, the aggregate of the margin nominated by the Entrant for that Margin Game and the actual margin for that Margin Game (e.g. if an Entrant nominates a margin of 14 points, and their tipped team loses by 20 points, their ‘Margin Difference' for the Match will be 34); and
c. has not submitted a tip for that Margin Game, the average (mean) of the margins nominated by all other Entrants who submitted a tip for that Margin Game.
"Margin Game" means the first Match of each Round during the course of the Season.
"Match" means a single game of AFL or NRL Football, which is conducted during the Season;
"Ranking" means where an Entrant ranks or is placed overall in the Promotion, as determined by clause 17 of these Terms.
"Round" means one of the 23 for AFL and 25 rounds for NRL consisting of Matches conducted during the Season.
"Season" means the round 1 to 23 for AFL excluding finals and round 1 to 25 for NRL excluding finals. This competition does not include any finals games for either code.
"Score" means the number of points allocated to an Entrant for the correct tipping of winning teams in each Round in accordance with these Terms.
"USG Boral Website" means the website of the Promoter at tipping.usgboral.com.au/AFL or tipping.usgboral.com.au/NRL accessible on the internet through the World Wide Web or via mobile internet enabled devices.
7. To register for the Promotion, Entrants must during the Promotion Period register their details via the on-line registration form located on the USG Boral Website.
8. The Promoter reserves the right not to accept a registration for any Entrant or to disqualify an Entrant if the Promoter considers that the registration contains anything defamatory or is otherwise inappropriate.
9. An Entrant may only register as an individual or as a member of a Comp.
10. Entrants will have the opportunity, in respect of each Match in each Round of the Season, to tip by:
a. selecting a team that the Entrant expects will win the Match (a Draw cannot be selected); and
b. submitting those selections via the USG Boral Website at which they registered (selections for each Match must be submitted before the scheduled 'kick-off' start time of the relevant Match).
11. Eligible individuals who register and submit tips prior to the start of the Promotion Period are still eligible for prizes in this Promotion (subject to any restrictions below) if they consent to these Terms as prompted when they first login to the USG Boral Website during the Promotion Period.
12. An Entrant may make or change a tip for a given Match in a Round at any time prior to the scheduled 'kick-off' start time of that Match.
13. Entrants will have the opportunity, in respect of the first Match in each Round during the course of the Season, to tip by selecting the team that the Entrant expects to win and also including the margin by which they expect that their selected team's score will beat the opponent team's score ("Margin Game"). If the team the Entrant tips scores greater than or equal to the opposition score, their tip is considered successful.
FAILURE TO TIP
14. If an Entrant:
a. does not submit a tip for a given Match in a Round, then the Entrant's tip for that Match will be deemed to be for the "away team" ("Default Tip"); or
b. does not submit a tip for more than one Match in an entire Round, then the Entrant's tips for those Rounds will be deemed to be for the "away teams" ("Default Tips") up to a maximum of five correct Default Tips for that Round (including any tips which are deemed correct under Clause 16); or
c. enters the Promotion after the commencement of the first Round of the Season, then the Entrant's tips for those Matches that have been completed prior to the Entrant's entrance into the Promotion will be deemed to be for the "away teams" up to a maximum of five correct Default Tips for each such Round.
d. The Promoter will have sole discretion to determine the "away team" in any given Match.
15. Subject to the rules relating to failure to tip in clause 14 of these Terms, Entrants will be allocated one point for each correctly selected winning team for a Match.
16. In the event of a Match in a given Round being drawn, cancelled, abandoned, not completed or not played for any reason and the AFL or NRL does not officially declare a result within one (1) day of the original scheduled date of the Match, that Match is treated as a win for both teams competing in that Match.
17. Throughout the Season, the Promoter will maintain a leaderboard which ranks the Entrants from highest to lowest based on their Scores. To determine the ranking of two or more Entrants that have an equal Score, the Entrant with the lower Cumulative Margin will rank higher than other Entrants with corresponding equal Scores ("Ranking").
18. The Entrants that have the highest Ranking at the end of the last Round of the Season will win the relevant prize for the customer draw as indicated below:
· 1st place Entrant - LG 55-inch UM74 4K UHD LED LCD AI ThinQ Smart TV / RRP $995
· 2nd place Entrant – Nura Nuraphone headphone / RRP $549
· 3rd place Entrant – USG Boral Cooler / RRP $269
· One Entrant selected by way of a Random ‘chance’ draw from a pool of Entrants who have submitted all tips for each Round – a USG Boral mobile fridge / RRP $449
Each of the AFL Tipping Competition and the NRL Tipping Competition will be run independently of the other, and there will therefore be a separate 1st prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize and "Random 'chance' draw" prize for each of these two Competitions.
The identity of the supplier of goods or services corresponding to each prize will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
Any travel associated with taking part in any prizes will be at the expense of the winner.
19. However, if there is a tie for any of first place, second place or third place Rankings, then the winner of such tie will be the Entrant who first submitted their last tip for the last Round of the Season.
20. Prize winners will be determined at the Judging Location by 5.00pm AEST on 11th September 2020.
In respect of the Random 'chance' draw, the Promotor will randomly draw a Prize Winner from the pool of eligible Entrants, with such draw taking place at the Judging Location at 5.00pm AEST on 11th September 2020.
21. All winners will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw date. The names of the prize winners will be published on the USG Boral website for 3 consecutive months from the notification date.
22. In the event that a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Prize is not claimed by 5.00pm AEDST on 20th November 2020 the prize will be awarded to the Entrant who would be the winner had the original winner been excluded from winning.
In the event that a Random 'chance' prize is not claimed by 5.00pm AEDST on 20th November 2020, the Promoter will randomly draw a further Prize Winner from the pool of eligible Entrants, with such redraw taking place at the Judging Location at 5.00pm AEST on 23rd November 2020.
MINORS (If this Applies)
23. If an Entrant is under 18 years, they must have their parent or guardian's consent to enter the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request this consent in writing. If consent in writing is requested, the winner's nominated parent/legal guardian will be required to include the words "in consideration of USG Boral agreeing to admit the Entrant into this Promotion, [name of Parent or Guardian] agrees to be bound by the terms of entry into the Promotion on behalf of the Entrant" in such written consent.
24. If a prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner.
25. All Prize winners (and their parents or legal guardians if they are under 18 years of age) are required to sign a release and indemnity form in favour of the Promoter and return the document to the Promoter prior to taking their prizes.
26. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries/tips/registrations and Entrants (including an Entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry/ registration/tipping process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of such rights.
27. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
28. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
29. The total prize pool for this Promotion is valued at $4,524 (Inc. GST), which includes:
(a) $2,262 total prize pool for the AFL Tipping Competition; and
(b) $2,262 total prize pool for the NRL Tipping Competition.
30. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the winner of a prize in this Promotion is not excluded from winning another prize as part of this Promotion. All Entrants will be considered in the judging for prizes in this Promotion whether or not they have won another prize in this Promotion.
31. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
32. Judging of all prizes will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter.
33. The Promoter's decision for all prizes in this Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. For the purpose of this Promotion a Group is treated as a single Entrant. If a Group is the winner of a prize, only one prize is awarded to the Group. The Promoter will determine to which member of a winning Group the prize is awarded to in their absolute discretion, and that member will be required to share the prize equally with all other members of the Group. The Group and the individuals which make up the Group is solely responsible for its actions relating to the Promotion (including any tips submitted). The Promoter is not required to make any enquiry in relation to the validity of any action of any person forming part of the Group. An individual which forms part of a Group that has entered this Promotion is deemed to have agreed to these Terms.
35. Incomplete, indecipherable and incorrect entries/registrations/tips or entries/registrations/tips containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
36. It is a condition of taking a prize that the winner must, if requested to do so by the Promoter, sign and return documents relating to their eligibility to enter (including ownership of entry), statement of compliance with relevant terms and conditions and/or a release of the Promoter's liability in taking prizes.
37. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
38. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries, registrations or tips not received for any reason during the Promotion. Registrations, entries and tips will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected registrations, tips or entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
39. If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value, subject to any written directions given by State gaming departments or any applicable Australian law.
40. Any Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
41. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
42. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify registrations, entries and/or tips in the event of non-compliance with these Terms. Notwithstanding the Promoter's rights under these Terms to not accept or to subsequently disqualify a Entrant, the Promoter will not be liable for any legal action arising out of any Group name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party's rights, or in breach of any law, and any persons forming part of that Group must indemnify the Promoter, its agents, contractors and related companies from any legal action, claim or dispute arising directly or indirectly from any Group name being defamatory, inappropriate, in breach of any third party's rights, or in breach of any law.
43. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its agencies associated with this Promotion are not liable and do not accept responsibility for:
a. an Entrant's entry or tips not being received or which are received and subsequently corrupted or rejected by a server of the USG Boral Website;
b. any private or public tipping competition which uses or relies upon the USG Boral Website in any way as a means for collecting and distributing data, or for conducting a tipping competition;
c. any lost, misdirected or corrupt registrations, entries, tips or emails whether to or from the USG Boral Website or otherwise;
d. any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained:
i. in connection with an Entrant's participation in the Promotion or the taking of a place, except that which cannot be excluded by law; and/or
ii. relating to the conduct of the Promotion however caused, including failure of the USG Boral Website or incorrect or corrupt data supplied by the Promoter to an Entrant.
45. By participating in this Promotion, the Eligible Entrant agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the Promotion and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
(b) the Promoter may use such comments or photos (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
(c) the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
(d) the Promoter retains all right, title and interest, including copyright, in the Materials and, by participating in the Promotion, they assign to the Promoter on creation of the Materials all right, title and interest which might, but for these Terms, vest in them;
(e) they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
(f) they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
(g) they agrees not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
46. Any cost associated with accessing the USG Boral Website is the Entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
47. Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
48. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry, registration, tip or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) taking and/or use of a prize.
49. Entrants understand that if they tick the opt in to receive future offers from USG Boral on the registration page that their details will never be provided to third party sponsors.
50. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.