USG Boral SHEETROCK® Glass-Mat Panels Mold Tough® are high- performance interior panels for new construction or renovation work. The panels have a non-combustible moisture- and mould-resistant core encased in a moisture-resistant non-woven glass mat that repels water and features tapered long edges for easy finishing. The front facer mat is tinted grey to match traditional drywall finishing and is engineered to accept the application of USG Boral finishing systems. The back-mat features USG Boral’s distinctive green color.
FeaturesWater, Moisture, and Mould-resistant
- Inorganic, non-woven glass fiber scrim on both sides.
- Patented Mold Tough® technology with moisture and mould-resistant gypsum core.
- Non-combustible per BS 476 part 4, ASTM E136 and EN15283-1
- Comply with ASTM C1658 Section 7 and ASTM C1177
- Meets the requirements of ASTM C1178 part 5.2.5
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of EN 15283-1
- Mould-resistant, scores a 10 (highest) when tested in accordance with ASTM D3273.
- Extensive ANSI /UL 263 Fire-rated designs. (UL Designation SGX)
- Tapered edges for easy finishing
- Scores and snaps easily for quick installation
- Can be exposed to limited-weather for up to 12 months after installation and before finishing coats are applied.
- A 5 year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Backed by high-quality standards and outstanding service of USG Boral.
- 12.7mm (1/2") USG Boral SHEETROCK® Glass Mat Mold Tough®.
- Wet Area interior ceilings.
- Arcades, walkways and underpasses.
- Soffits and driveway passages.
- Exterior Ceilings.
- Non-Tile walls with high moisture and mould requirements.
- Semi-exposed walls without direct exposure to rain, and with paint finishing.
- Not suitable for exterior wall applications.
- Please refer to the finishing guidelines and mock-up recommendations for Level 4 and Level 5 finish included in the USG Boral SHEETROCK®Glass-Mat Mold Tough® Technical Manual
- High-performance Interior and Semi-Exterior Wall Panels with Moisture and Mould Resistance
- Suitable for use in protected semi-exposed wall applications where high moisture is expected during construction(before the facade is closed).
- Suitable for semi-exterior applications, without direct exposure to rain, such as walls, soffits and eaves
- For use in interior applications where glass-mat gypsum panels are desired
- Installs and finishes similar to standard drywall
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral SHEETROCK® Glass-Mat Mold Tough®>
|Physical Properties Per ASTM C1177||1/2” (12.7mm) USG Boral SHEETROCK® Glass-Mat Mold Tough|
|Thickness, in. (mm)||1/2” (12.7mm)|
|Width and Lengths, mm. (ft)||1220 x 2440 ( 4’ x 8’)|
|Weight2, nominal (kg/m2)||11.0 ± 0.5|
|Flexural strength, parallel, lbf. (N)||>80 (356)|
|Flexural strength, perpendicular, lbf. (N)||>100 (445)|
|*R-Value – Thermal resistance (m2.K/W)||0.05|
|Reaction to Fire (A1 – EN-13501-1)||Non-combustible|
|Resistance to growth of mold - ASTM D3273 score||10/10|
|Water absorption (% of weight) - EN 15283-1||< 5 %|
*R: Data of thermal resistances are based on tabulated design values provided in the BS EN 1254:2000- “Building materials and products. Hygrothermal properties” standard for gypsum boards
1. Other sizes available by special order. Contact your local USG Boral representative for availability.
2. Represents approximate weight for design and shipping purposes. For specific product weight in your area, contact your local USG Boral representative or call the Customer Service Center at 1800 003 377.