A revolutionary, next-generation joint sealant with exceptional fire, smoke and sound control in fire-rated partitions, walls, smoke barriers and more.
Sheetrock Firecode® Smoke-Sound Sealant is a one-product, acrylic, latex-based caulking solution that creates an exceptional bond regardless of porosity.
The sealant boasts a highly elastic nature that resists sagging when applied to vertical surfaces, and its unique rust-red color makes it easily identifiable for inspectors.
Meets ASTM C834 Standard Specification for Latex-Based Sealing compounds.
Features & Benefits:
- Superior performance as a fire caulk in UL-classified joint systems and through-penetration system
- Ideal for use in smoke and/or sound assemblies
- Sound-blocking acoustical sealant (supports high STC ratings)
- Rust red color easy to identify for inspectors
- Grade -18°C (O°F) low temperature flexibility, strong bond
- Low-emitting product meets CA Specification 01350, California Department of Health Services Standard Practice for the testing of VOC emissions