A revolutionary, next-generation joint sealant with exceptional fire, smoke and sound control in fire-rated partitions, walls, smoke barriers and more.
USG Firecode® Smoke-Sound Sealant is a one-product, acrylic, latex-based caulking solution that creates an exceptional bond regardless of porosity. The sealant boasts a highly elastic nature that resists sagging when applied to vertical surfaces, and its unique rust-red color makes it easily identifiable for inspectors.
Meets ASTM C834 Standard Specification for Latex-Based Sealing compounds.
Features & Benefits:
- Superior performance as a fire caulk in UL-classified joint systems and through-penetration system
- Ideal for use in smoke and/or sound assemblies
- Sound-blocking acoustical sealant (supports high STC ratings)
- Rust red color easy to identify for inspectors
- Grade -18°C (O°F) low temperature flexibility, strong bond
- Low-emitting product meets CA Specification 01350, California Department of Health Services Standard Practice for the testing of VOC emissions
- Color: Rust Red
- Solids: 73±3%
- Density: 1.5Kg/L
- Viscosity: 250,000 - 400,000 cps
- pH: 8 - 9.25
- VOC content < 15g/L
- Packaging: 850 ml Cartidge
- Coverage: 6.7 LM/Cartidge (12.5mm Bead
- Firecode Smoke-Sound Sealantshall be applied in accordance with ASTM C919 using conventional caulking equipment
- In joint and through-penetration firestop systems applythe Firecode Smoke-Sound Sealant to minimum thickness specified in the individual fire-rated system
- In acoustical applications, apply 1/4" min. bead ofsealant to seal perimeter of partition.Apply continuous bead of Firecode Smoke-Sound Sealant around all openings and partition intersection