USG Boral EasyJoint™ 20 is an all-purpose, plaster based and setting type compound formulated for the bedding of plasterboard joints, angles, and spotting fastener heads, with a consistent setting time of 20 minutes.
- Consistent setting time.
- Mixes easily to form a smooth and creamy gauge.
- Easy scrape back.
- Excellent joint filling with excellent adhesion, high strength, and low shrinkage.
- EasyJoint™ 20 is suitable for use as all three coats in the USG Boral three coat jointing system.
- EasyJoint™ 20 is also recommended for use as the first and second coat in USG Boral three coat jointing systems when used in conjunction with USG Boral Premium Premix or Sheetrock® All Purpose Joint Compound as the finishing coat
- Always use clean cold water, tools and containers.
- Do not mix with residues of previously used compounds; use of dirty tools or containers may reduce working time and strength.
- Always add EasyJoint™ 20 to water (5kg of powder to 2.5kg of water).
- Mix only enough EasyJoint™ 20 to meet needs.
- Mix by hand or with a power mixer (max of 400rpm) until a workable paste has been achieved.
- Caution: Do not overmix. Overmixing can introduce air bubbles, which can create surface imperfections and reduces working time.
- Once setting has commenced the material cannot be remixed and must be discarded.
- Surfaces must be clean and free from dust.
- The use of paper tape is recommended such as USG Boral Paper Joint Tape.
- Ensure there is sufficient amount of compound under the paper tape to provide adhesion.
- Compound Type: Setting type powdered compound
- Setting Time: 30 minutes setting time, 20 minutes working time
- Mixing Ratio: 2 parts of compound to 1 part of clean water in kg
- Packaging: 20kg bag
- Coverage: 65m² per 20kg bag (based on 3 coats application method)
- Storage: Store in a dry environment protected from temperature extremes. Opening the bag and/or storing it in an unsuitable environment can shorten the life span of the product.
- Shelf Life: Best before 9 months from production date