USG Boral EasyBond™ 90 is a plaster-based adhesive formulated to bond plasterboard sheets to masonry, brick, or concrete walls. This adhesive has a high bond strength combined with a long working time.
- Mixes easily to form a creamy, lump-free gauge.
- High body for easy application.
- Excellent wet tack.
- High strength.
- Excellent adhesion to masonry, brick, and concrete walls.
- USG Boral EasyBond™ is suitable for bonding plasterboard sheets to masonry, brick, or concrete walls.
- For walls over 3.6m high, refer to the USG Boral Technical for specific system requirements.
- USG Boral EasyBond™ may be applied to either a wall or to the back of a sheet. If gluing plasterboard to an Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) wall, then USG Boral EasyBond™ should only be applied to the back of the sheet.
- Always use clean, cold water, tools, and containers.
- Do not mix with residue of previously used compounds.
- Use of dirty tools or containers may reduce working time and strength.
- Always add USG Boral EasyBond™ to water (5kg of powder to 2.5kg of water).
- Mix only enough USG Boral EasyBond™ for 60-80 minutes of working time.
- Mix by hand or with a power mixer (max 400rpm) until a workable paste has been achieved.
- Once the compound has begun to set the material cannot be remixed and must be discarded.
- Caution: Do not overmix. Overmixing can introduce air bubbles, which can create surface imperfections and reduce working time.
- Surfaces must be clean and free from dust.
- May be applied with either hand or mechanical tools. USG Boral recommends a minimum 6mm and 12mm adhesive scoop thickness using the USG Boral EasyFinish Bond and Solid methods respectively. Apply good initial pressure to the plasterboard sheet during application.
- Surface dampening or a bonding agent may be required to ensure satisfactory bonding to dry or porous walls.
- Where the cavity between the wall surface and the back of the plasterboard sheet consistently exceeds 40mm, the USG Boral wall furring system (USG Boral EasyFinish Frame method) utilising steel furring on steel battens fastened to the base wall must be used.
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral EasyBond™ 90
*Tested according to EN13279-2:2014 (VIBM, 2017)
USG Boral EasyBond™ 90