USG Boral Maxi Skim™ 88 is a vinyl-based, ready-mixed, high performance compound formulated for filling and smoothing monolithic interior concrete walls and ceilings. This compound is designed to provide superior crack resistance and durability for skim coating and finishing over various surfaces.
- Skim coat on multiple surfaces such as concrete, plasterboard, and masonry.
- Easy to sand.
- Smooth finish.
- Joint treatment & patching.
- Always use clean tools.
- Do not mix with residue of previously used compounds.
- Inclusion of such materials will impair the performance of this product and void the product warranty.
- USG Boral Maxi Skim™ 88 may appear thick in the pail. Before adding water, lightly mix the product and test its application. If required, add water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Caution: Avoid over-thinning when adding water as this may cause cracking and excessive shrinkage.
- If liquid has separated from the compound, stir carefully to restore consistency.
- Caution: Do not overmix. Overmixing can introduce air bubbles, which can create surface imperfections.
- Apply USG Boral Maxi Skim™ 88 in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Maintain a surface temperature above 13 °C on the working area during wall and ceiling finishing.
- Provide adequate ventilation to ensure proper drying.
- Wall and ceiling surfaces must be dry and free from dust, dry salts, oil, grease, or other sources of contamination. Smooth, glossy surfaces must be sanded and treated with a bonding agent.
- Lay the first coat of USG Boral Maxi Skim™ 88 to a minimum thickness of 2mm using a trowel, and grade to a flat, smooth surface. If an additional coat is required, allow the first coat to dry before applying the second coat.
- Touch up remaining uneven area with USG Boral Maxi Skim™ 88 where required. Allow to fully dry before sanding.
- When sanding, use fine sandpaper (220 grit or higher) to avoid scratching the dry surface.
- Thoroughly clean all tools and equipment after use.
NOTE: All surfaces including applied joint compound require light sanding before painting.
- Compound Type: Ready-mixed / Non-asbestos
- Material: Latex type formulation
- Packaging: 25kg (15.2L)
- Drying Time: 2.5 hours at 25°C and 50% RH (depending on local conditions)
- Skimming Coverage: Approximately 32m²/15 litres at 1mm thickness and skimming viscosity
- Storage: Store in protected place, away from temperature extremes
- Shelf Life: Best before 9 months under good storage conditions