USG Boral Premium Premix joint compound is an air-drying, lightweight compound for all three coat applications or as a finishing coat for plasterboard joints, angles, and fastener heads.
- Minimal shrinkage.
- Easy sanding.
- Exceptional crack-resistance.
- Excellent bond.
- Smooth finish.
- USG Boral Premium Premix is suitable for use as all three coats in the USG Boral three coat jointing system.
- USG Boral Premium Premix is suitable for the final coating of plasterboard joints, angels, and fastener heads when used in conjunction with the USG Boral setting joint compounds for first and second coats.
- Always use clean tools.
- Do not mix with residue of previously used compounds.
- Inclusion of such materials will impair the performance of this product and void the product warranty.
- USG Boral Premium Premix may appear thick in the pail. Before adding water, lightly mix the product and test its application. If required, add water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Caution: Avoid over-thinning when adding water as this may cause cracking and excessive shrinkage.
- If liquid has separated from the compound, stir carefully to restore consistency.
- Caution: Do not overmix. Overmixing can introduce air bubbles, which can create surface imperfections.
- Surfaces must be clean and free from dust.
- USG Boral Premium Premix may have high viscosity in the pail. It may be diluted to a workable viscosity by adding water followed by mechanical mixing.
- Can be applied by hand or with mechanical tools.
- When using USG Boral Premium Premix for al three coats, the first coat must be used to bed a high-quality paper tape.
Directions - Jointing and Finishing
First Coat (150mm wide)
- Cover joint with a thin layer of compound and embed paper tape, leaving at least 1mm of compound under feathered edge. Let dry and sand lightly.
First Coat (150mm wide)
- Apply second coat, feathering approximately 50mm beyond first coat. Let dry and sand lightly.
Third Coat (275mm wide)
- Apply third coat, feathering 75mm beyond second coat. Let dry and sand lightly. Finish fastener heads, corner beads, and inside corners with at least three coats of joint compound, feathered out onto panel faces and finished to a smooth surface.
- USG Boral Premium Premix compound must be allowed to dry thoroughly (up to 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity) before re-coating or sanding.
- Only apply over setting type compounds that have been allowed to dry thoroughly.
- Sand with care using 180 to 220 grit sandpaper.
- Thoroughly clean all tools and equipment after use.
NOTE: All surfaces including applied joint compound require light sanding before painting.
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral Premium Premix
- Drying time: 12 - 24 hours (Depending on local conditions)
- Jointing Coverage: Approximately 56 m²/28kg (Based on 3 coats application method)
- Skimming Coverage: Approximately 33 m²/28kg (Based on 1mm thickness)
- Packaging: 28kg and 5.4kg (Bucket)