USG Boral SECUROCK® Glass-Mat Sheathing are non-combustible, moisture- and mould-resistant panels for wet areas, backer tile, and semi-exterior applications. The panels have inorganic non-woven glass mat facers that repels water and feature square edges. The front facer glass mat is primed and engineered to accept the application of USG Boral finishing systems.
FeaturesNon-combustible, Moisture and Mould-resistant
- Inorganic non-woven glass mat front and back facers, offering exceptional water and weather resistance.
- Patented Mold Tough® technology with moisture and mould-resistant gypsum core.
- A1 Non-combustible according to EN 13501-1+A1:2013 and BS 476 Part 4 1970.
- Mould-resistant: Scores a 10 (highest) when tested in accordance with ASTM D3273.
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C1177 (Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Substrate for Use as Sheathing).
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C1178 part 5.2.5 (Standard Specification for Coated Glass Mat Water-Resistant Gypsum Backing Panel).
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of EN15283-1 (Gypsum boards with fibrous reinforcement - Part 1).
- Conform to the provisions of the European CPR-Construction Products Regulation and related CE Marking technical requirements.
- Non-combustible core when tested in accordance to BS 476 Part 4 1970, and Class A1 non-combustible according to EN 13501-1+A1:2013.
- Simple score-and-snap, with no sawing or special tools required.
- Exposure: Can be exposed to limited-weather for up to 12 months after installation in interior and exterior applications.
- USG Boral SECUROCK® Glass-Mat Sheathing is guaranteed for five years against manufacturing defects.
- Backed by the high-quality standards and outstanding service of USG Boral.
- 12.7mm (1/2”) SECUROCK® Glass-Mat Sheathing Panel.
- 15.9mm (5/8”) SECUROCK® Glass-Mat Sheathing Panel.
- Backer tile walls in public shower, bathroom areas for commercial and residential projects.
- Non-Tile walls with high moisture and mould requirements.
- Wet area ceilings.
- Industrial Kitchens Ceilings.
- Swimming pool ceilings.
- Exterior Ceilings.
- Level 5 can be achieved for paint finishing (walls and ceilings)
- Supports tiling up to 75 kg/m2 (interior walls)
- Exceeds requirements for both cementitious and acrylic adhesives per ASTM c297 and BSEN 12004.
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral SECUROCK® Glass-Mat SheathingPlease refer to USG Boral representative for other board sizes.
Physical Properties (According to ASTM C1177 and EN 15283-1)
1/2" (12.7mm) USG Boral Securock™ Glass-Mat Sheathing (Interior and Semi-Exterior)
5/8" (15.9mm) USG Boral Securock™ Glass-Mat Sheathing Type F and Firecode™ X (Could be used for exterior walls)
|Thickness, in. (mm)|
|1/2" (12.7mm)||5/8" (15.9mm)|
|Width and Lengths, mm. (ft)|
| 1220mm x 2440mm
1200mm x 2400mm
| 1220mm x 2440mm
1200mm x 2400mm
|Weight, nominal (kg/m2)|
|11.0 ± 0.5||13.6 ± 0.6|
|Flexural strength, parallel, lbf. (N)|
|>80 (356)||>140 (445)|
|Flexural strength, perpendicular, lbf. (N)|
|>140 (445)||>140 (623)|
|*R-Value – Thermal resistance (m2.K/W)|
|Reaction to Fire (A1 – EN-13501-1)|
|Resistance to growth of mold - ASTM D3273 score|
|Water absorption (% of weight) - EN 15283-1|
|< 5 %||< 5 %|
Interior wall tiling (Direct water exposure)
Interior wall tiling (Non-Direct water exposure)
Non - Tile Wall
Interior Ceiling Systems - Wet Area
Interior Ceiling Systems - Harsh Environment
Exterior Ceiling Systems – Small Area (Typically < 3 meters span)
Exterior Ceiling Systems – Big Area (Typically > 3 meters span)
Exterior Metal Cladding System