USG Boral Wetstop™ plasterboard is manufactured from a specially formulated moisture-resistant core, encased in recycled face and back papers that form a high strength composite design.
Specially formulated with USG Boral’s AirTough™ Technology, it is capable of removing hazardous volatile organic compounds (VOC) pollutants such as formaldehyde, thus conditioning the air quality that is crucial for Healthcare environment.
- Features AirTough™ technology, removing up to 70% of formaldehyde
- Specially treated gypsum core that provides additional protection from dampness
- Complies with international standards such as BS EN 520 or equivalent local standard for physical properties classification and moisture resistance for gypsum boards, as well as BS 476 for non-combustibility
- Excellent acoustic properties when assembled in systems for commercial projects.
- Designed to meet regulatory requirements for wet area applications such as bathrooms, pantries and kitchen areas.
- Areas where moisture-resistance is desired.
- Can be used as an interior tile substrate in dry location or areas with limited water exposure.
- Capable of removing up to 70% of formaldehyde: creates an anti-VOC environment and conditioning the air around us
USG Boral AirTough™ Technology
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are found everywhere and can be produced by most of our household or building products. Invisible to our naked eye, some VOCs such as formaldehyde are harmful to the human health and environment. Although VOCs are not immediately toxic, long-term exposure may cause ill health effects.
The AirTough™ technology comprises of a specially formulated core that drives the destruction of VOCs, helping to condition the air that we breathe. Capable of removing up to 70% of formaldehyde in the air, it helps to build an anti-VOC setting in the healthcare environment for the overall well-being of both practitioners and patients.
The formaldehyde absorption tests are conducted to the precise methods, limitations and uncertainty as recognised under the ISO 16000-23 : 2010 standard and Eurofins Scientific reports.
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral Wetstop™ (with AirTough™ technology)
*Custom lengths available. Please contact your local USG Boral office.