EasySet™ 20 is a powdered compound suitable for walls and ceiling. It is best used for taping, bedding and as a finishing coat for fibrous plaster’s and gypsum board’s joint. Its smooth texture makes it easy to apply and sand while the EasySet™ 20’s quick setting time allows for same-day joint finishing.
- Quick Drying
- Smooth Finish
- Multi-Purpose Compound
- Excellent Strength
- USG Boral EasySet™ 20 is suitable for use as all three coats in the USG Boral three
coat jointing system.
- USG Boral Premium Premix or SHEETROCK® All Purpose Joint Compound
for the final coating of plasterboard joints, angels and fastener heads when used in
conjunction with the USG Boral EasySet™ 20 for first and second coats.
- Always use clean cold water, clean containers and tools.
- Using dirty containers/water/tools may affect setting time and set strength.
- For best results, slowly add
powderto water and allow powder to soak 1-3 minutes before mixing.
- Mix only enough compound for 20 minutes working time.
- Mix by hand or with a power mixer (max. of 400rpm) – mixing at higher speeds will draw air into the mix and may affect working time. Mix until a smooth workable paste has been achieved.
settinghas commenced, the material cannot be remixed and should not be used further. The inclusion of other materials (e.g retarders, fillers, etc.) in the mix will impair the performance of this product, i.e reduced strength, poor adhesion and will void the product warranty.
Directions - Jointing and Finishing
First Coat (150mm wide)
- Using a broad knife, evenly fill the joint recess formed by the edges of the plasterboard with EasySet™ 20.
- Centre paper tape along the joint and press into the compound using the broad knife.
- Draw the broad knife at a
45 degreeangle along the joint with enough pressure to remove excess compound and any air bubbles caught beneath the tape. Leave enough compound under the tape to provide a strong bond.
- Apply a thin layer of compound over the tape to prevent the tape edge curling and cracking. Feather the compound from the edges outwards. Cover all fasteners heads with spots
Second Coat (200mm wide)
- When dry, apply a second coat using a plasterer’s trowel, approximately 50mm wider than the first coat. Spot fastener heads again. Allow
- When the second coats
hasdried, scrape or sand back any excess compound for a smooth and level surface.
Third Coat (250mm wide)
- Apply a finishing coat of compound with
trowel, approximately 50mm wider than
the previous coat.
- When dry, using 150 to 180 grit sandpaper in a hand sander, sand lightly to a smooth
finish, taking care not to scuff the surrounding plasterboard.
NOTE: All surfaces including applied joint compound require
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral Easy Set™ 20