A complete conventional weight
USG Boral SHEETROCK® All Purpose Joint Compound provides overall high performance, as well as superior working qualities and good open time. It offers excellent bond over bead, trim and fastener concealments. This special latex formulation is ideal for embedding paper tape and for filling, leveling and finishing over gypsum panel joints, fasteners, bead and trim.
USG Boral SHEETROCK® All Purpose Joint Compound is also excellent for skim coating and hand-applying simple textures. Complies with ASTM C475.
- Premium grade lightweight,
all purpose, or finishing compound.
- May be used for all three coats or as a finishing coat.
- Excellent workability, featuring easy application by hand or with mechanical tools.
- Minimal mixing and cleaning of tools required.
- Sandable by hand or with mechanical sanding tools.
- Provides an excellent surface for painting.
- USG Boral SHEETROCK® All Purpose Joint Compound is suitable for use as all three coats in the USG Boral three coat jointing system.
- USG Boral SHEETROCK® All Purpose Joint Compound is suitable for use as the final coating of plasterboard joints, angles, and fastener heads in USG Boral three coat jointing system when used in conjunction with USG Boral setting type joint compounds for the first and second coats.
- Always use clean tools.
- Do not mix with
residueof previously used compounds. Inclusionof such materials will impair the performance of this product and void the product warranty. All PurposePremix may appear thick in the pail. Before adding water, lightly mix the product and test its application. If required, add water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Caution: Avoid over-thinning when adding water as this may cause cracking and excessive shrinkage.
- If liquid has separated from the compound, stir carefully to restore consistency.
- Caution: Do not overmix. Overmixing can introduce air bubbles, which can create surface imperfections.
- Surfaces must be clean and free from dust.
- When using USG Boral Sheetrock® All Purpose Joint Compound for all three coats, the first coat must be used to bed a high-quality paper tape.
- USG Boral SHEETROCK® All Purpose Joint Compound must be allowed to dry thoroughly (up to 24 hours depending on temperature and humidity) before recoating or sanding.
- Only apply over setting type compounds that have been allowed to dry thoroughly.
- Sand with care using 180 or 220 grit paper.
- Thoroughly clean all tools and equipment after use.