USG Boral Firecaulk Sealant is a one-part, waterborne, an acrylic copolymer based gunnable, intumescent, ﬁre rated sealant. It has been formulated to give the right balance of hardness and ﬂexibility with good U.V. resistance.
Designed for sealing gap around cables, metal pipes, conduits, busy ways and ducts which penetrates walls, ﬂoors and ceilings. Firecaulk Sealant has excellent adhesive capabilities to metal, concrete, plasterboard and cable coverings. Firecaulk Sealant has good STC acoustic properties when used in appropriate systems.
Features and Benefits
- Fire rating for gaps up to 50mm
- Good ﬂexibility with +/-12.5% joint movement
- No mixing is required
- Extremely easy to apply with a smooth ﬁnish
- Non-toxic. Does not contain heavy metals such as antimony, cadnium, lead or mercury
- Low odour & Asbestos free
- Priming typically not required
- Contains no isocyanates
- Can be applied to damp surfaces
- Easily cleaned with water
- Colour: Grey & White
- Working time: @ 25°C 15 min
- Joint Movement Capability: +/-12.5%
- Packaging: 10 litres pail
Surfaces must be clean, free from dirt, grease, dust or other contamination.Ideally surfaces should be dry. Firecaulk Sealant will adhere to slightly damp surfaces.
All joints should be ﬁlled to required depth with closed cell backer rod or bond breaker tape prior to sealant application. Some shrinkage may occur.
Apply sealant in required ratio of width to joints with clean surfaces, free from dirt, dust grease or other contaminants, by bulk loading gun or similar method. Join groove must be completely ﬁlled with sealant.