USG Boral Firestop™ plasterboard is a high- performance fire rated interior plasterboard fire-rated interior plasterboard, composed of fire-resistant gypsum core encased in 100% recycled face and back papers that form a high strength composite design.
Specially formulated with USG Boral’s AirTough™ Technology, it is capable of removing hazardous volatile organic compounds (VOC) pollutants such as formaldehyde, thus conditioning the air quality that is crucial for Healthcare environment.
- Features AirTough™ technology, removing up to 70% of formaldehyde
- Fire-resistant gypsum core that provides additional safety.
- Complies with international standards such as BS EN 520 or equivalent local standard for physical properties, as well as BS 476 classification for non-combustibility.
- Extensive acoustic assemblies for commercial projects (STC).
- Healthcare applications
- Commercial or residential applications requiring fire protection.
- Capable of removing up to 70% of formaldehyde: creates an anti-VOC environment and conditioning the air around us
USG Boral AirTough™ Technology
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are found everywhere and can be produced by most of our household or building products. Invisible to our naked eye, some VOCs such as formaldehyde are harmful to the human health and environment. Although VOCs are not immediately toxic, long-term exposure may cause ill health effects.
The AirTough™ technology comprises of a specially formulated core that drives the destruction of VOCs, helping to condition the air that we breathe. Capable of removing up to 70% of formaldehyde in the air, it helps to build an anti-VOC setting in the healthcare environment for the overall well-being of both practitioners and patients.
The formaldehyde absorption tests are conducted to the precise methods, limitations and uncertainty as recognised under the ISO 16000-23 : 2010 standard and Eurofins Scientific reports.
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral Firestop™ Plasterboard (with AirTough™ technology)
*Custom lengths available. Please contact your local USG Boral office.