USG Boral Impacstop™ plasterboard is manufactured from a specially formulated high density core encased in heavy face and strong back liner papers. They are designed to meet regulatory requirements for areas requiring resistance to heavy traffic, surface indentation and penetration damage, such as hospitals.
Specially formulated with USG Boral’s AirTough™ Technology, it is capable of removing hazardous volatile organic compounds (VOC) pollutants such as formaldehyde, thus conditioning the air quality that is crucial for Healthcare environment.
- Features AirTough™ technology, removing up to 70% of formaldehyde
- Higher density gypsum core that provides additional protection, recommended for severe duty applications as per BS 5234 when assembled with Rondo metal framing system.
- Complies with international standards such as BS EN 520 or equivalent local standard for physical properties classification for gypsum boards, as well as BS 476 for non-combustibility.
- Excellent acoustic properties when assembled in systems for commercial projects.
- Moisture-resistant and fire-resistant, can be used in the approved systems to provide additional fire protection.
- Healthcare applications
- Commercial and residential applications requiring greater resistance to indentation and impact damage.
- Can be used for approved fire resistance systems.
- Capable of removing up to 70% of formaldehyde: creates an anti-VOC environment and conditioning the air around us
USG Boral AirTough™ Technology
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are found everywhere and can be produced by most of our household or building products. Invisible to our naked eye, some VOCs such as formaldehyde are harmful to the human health and environment. Although VOCs are not immediately toxic, long-term exposure may cause ill health effects.
The AirTough™ technology comprises of a specially formulated core that drives the destruction of VOCs, helping to condition the air that we breathe. Capable of removing up to 70% of formaldehyde in the air, it helps to build an anti-VOC setting in the healthcare environment for the overall well-being of both practitioners and patients.
The formaldehyde absorption tests are conducted to the precise methods, limitations and uncertainty as recognised under the ISO 16000-23 : 2010 standard and Eurofins Scientific reports.
Technical Data and Notes
USG Boral Impactstop™ (with AirTough™ technology) 19.0mm
*Custom lengths available. Please contact your local USG Boral office.